There is only two months left of 2017, so let’s make them count! Sunny days, daylight savings and summer nights are calling and we know exactly how you should spend them!
Melbourne Cup in Manly!
Melbourne Cup is November 7th and there is no place better to celebrate than in the sunshine at Manly.
From stunning views, to an exciting final race and sweeps to be won Manly has an endless list of venues ready to help you celebrate in style.
Below we have listed some of our favourites:
- Whitewater has the perfect view to watch the action this Melbourne Cup. They are offering $90 per person for a 3 course lunch with a complimentary glass of sparkling on arrival.
- Daniel San are having a seated banquet or a canapé soiree on their rooftop, Dojo. There will be a DJ playing some tunes throughout the day.
- Hotel Steyne, the race that stops the Steyne! With an all inclusive food and beverage luncheon, Lucky door prizes, best dressed, TAB facilities and more…
- The Ivanhoe is hosting a decadnt two course lunch, lucky door prizes, best dressed prizes and post race entertainment.
- Garfish has prepared a long luncheon that Head Chef Micheal Nash has promised will be one to remeber.
- Manly Wine has two options for you..Choose between a delectable 4 course lunch or party the afternoon away upstairs, cocktail style.
- Novotel is offering a Melbourne Cup lunch in their restaurant Zalis!
- Papi Chulos celebrate with friends over a shared banquet and a flute of Chandon NV upon arrival.
Newtown Festival 2017!
Catch the train to Newtown Sunday 12th November from 9:30am – 5:30pm for a day of music, art, food, markets, friends, family, dogs & fun. One of Sydney’s biggest and most beloved annual events, Newtown Festival is produced by Newtown Neighbourhood Centre as its major fundraiser.
The Festival generates funds and awareness to enable the Centre to provide frontline services for those doing it most tough in the inner west.
Now in its 39th year, Newtown Festival 2017 continues to embrace the theme “Home is where the heart is”. Head over and celebrate Newtown’s unique, vibrant and accepting community, supporting individuals who need support and creating a sense of harmony in the area.
Newtown Neighbourhood Centre (NNC) is striving for Newtown Festival to be the biggest and best festival for social change in Australia.
Mov’in Bed Open Air Cinema
How better to embrace daylight savings than with an open air cinema?
From Friday the 27th of October to the 10th of December in Sydney’s Moore Park, crawl under a blanket with a glass of wine and settle in for another beautifully curated season of movies, now at the Entertainment Quarter.
This year they’re promising award-winning international films from the recent past, unmissable movies of this year, Disney classics, Japanese animation and best of all, horror movie Nights.
You can also opt to Dine in Bed.
Find out more here.
Bloody Long Walk – Palm Beach to Manly
A 35KM challenge to cure MITO (Mitochondrial disease).
MITO is a debilitating genetic disorder that robs the body’s cells of energy, causing multiple organ dysfunction or failure and potentially death.
It is terminal; there is no cure and few effective treatments.
One Australian child born each week will develop a severe or life-threatening form of mitochondrial disease.
There is no better way to explore Sydney’s Northern Beaches than walking through them for a good cause.
On Sunday the 12th of November the Sydney North Bloody Long Walk will take place, taking almost 8hrs to complete.
To find out more click here.
Manly Surf Side is the perfect location for any group- family, friends and even workmates. Situated right across Manly beach, spend the weekend doing some awesome upcoming events and sunny spring days!
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 5.00pm, Saturday and Sunday 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
Telephone: (+61 2) 9977 2299